Do you have a passion for leading and discipling young people? Are you enthusiastic about the Christian faith and want to help young people engage with the message of Jesus Christ and build a Christian community? Is God calling you to join the St Barnabas staff team to lead the youth ministry of our parish?
15-20 hours per week
St Barnabas is a lively Anglican Parish in Christchurch with a strong community focus and a wide range of groups and ministries. These include groups for children, youth, young adults, seniors, men and women, as well as groups for those learning English, play group, mainly music and Messy Church. The parish has strong links with both Medbury School (Year 1-8), and Christchurch Boys’ High through 24/7 youth work. There could be the potential to combine this role with a 24/7 youth worker role.
We are seeking to engage an experienced youth minister to join our staff team and carry forward our ministry with young people.
· an experienced youth minister who is looking for a fresh challenge?
· a committed Christian with proven leadership skills?
· a team player who loves working in and building teams?
Are you ready…
· to lead and help grow our existing youth ministry?
· to work with and mentor an existing group of volunteer youth leaders?
· to develop these ministries to reach more young people in our community?
Email Jenny Wilkens, Priest in Charge email@example.com for a copy of the Job Description and information about the parish.
Applications, which must include your CV, a statement about your faith and personal approach to youth ministry and a response to the parish information of not more than two pages, are requested by 31 May, 2023 and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Jo Cotton