Some of us may be spending more time at home than usual, either in self-isolation or protecting our health or that of others dear to us. Here are some tips if you’re finding it hard going…
- Pray. Light a candle, if safe, and pray for hope, faith and strength to keep loving and caring for each other during this time of struggle.
- Talk about how you feel. This may be difficult if you are self-isolating, but do use the telephone, internet, and social media. If you need to contact a counsellor this can be arranged by your GP, or via local agencies, or privately.
- Focus on the things that you can change, not on the things you can’t.
- Look after yourself – physically, emotionally, spiritually. Plan in things that you enjoy at regular intervals during the day – a TV programme, a phone call, a book, a favourite dish, a game or jigsaw.
- Look after others. Even if only in small ways, but do what you can: a smile, a kind word, writing a letter or an email.
Click here for more resources.
By Church of England